Phrase 'a common road to success': Please fix official translation [on hold]Is the phrase “horizon road” grammatically correct?Phrase for a situation where a problem disappears when you are about to fix it, but reappears laterCommon phrase for “to name the issue exactly”What's a phrase to capture traffic, road type, weather conditions?Acceptability of the Phrase “Unusually Common”Is “short for words” a common enough phrase?Is the phrase “full bloodied punch” a common expression?Is “our very next work” a common phrase?What does the phrase “all sharing two common strands” imply?Is there an english proverb/idiom/phrase for this translation?

Curses work by shouting - How to avoid collateral damage?

Why are on-board computers allowed to change controls without notifying the pilots?

Valid Badminton Score?

What's a natural way to say that someone works somewhere (for a job)?

At which point does a character regain all their Hit Dice?

Why Were Madagascar and New Zealand Discovered So Late?

What is the opposite of 'gravitas'?

Is a roofing delivery truck likely to crack my driveway slab?

Opposite of a diet

What is the oldest known work of fiction?

Implement the Thanos sorting algorithm

How do I rename a LINUX host without needing to reboot for the rename to take effect?

The baby cries all morning

Is exact Kanji stroke length important?

Can I Retrieve Email Addresses from BCC?

Your magic is very sketchy

Was the picture area of a CRT a parallelogram (instead of a true rectangle)?

There is only s̶i̶x̶t̶y one place he can be

Irreducibility of a simple polynomial

What would be the benefits of having both a state and local currencies?

Is expanding the research of a group into machine learning as a PhD student risky?

Everything Bob says is false. How does he get people to trust him?

Increase performance creating Mandelbrot set in python

How to be diplomatic in refusing to write code that breaches the privacy of our users



Phrase 'a common road to success': Please fix official translation [on hold]


Is the phrase “horizon road” grammatically correct?Phrase for a situation where a problem disappears when you are about to fix it, but reappears laterCommon phrase for “to name the issue exactly”What's a phrase to capture traffic, road type, weather conditions?Acceptability of the Phrase “Unusually Common”Is “short for words” a common enough phrase?Is the phrase “full bloodied punch” a common expression?Is “our very next work” a common phrase?What does the phrase “all sharing two common strands” imply?Is there an english proverb/idiom/phrase for this translation?













-1















Recently this masterpiece (attachment) came out as the new visual identity of a certain cargo transport company.
It says 'a common road to success' trying to express something like 'let's join our forces to make your business successful'



a cargo locomotive



Am I correct to say (?), that:



  • Although 'common' means 'shared by at least two entities', it does not express any effort done for it to be in common. I would personally use 'joint'.


  • The nuances of 'road' vs. 'way' in the phrase 'road to success' are similar to 'on the road' vs. 'on the way'. If you put out a biography, you would name it 'road to success', because the person probably climbed up and fallen down the ladder of life many times before reaching the summit. This is not this case I hope and the railway will deliver your goods without hesitation.


Thank you for any ideas.










share|improve this question













put on hold as off-topic by Jason Bassford, tchrist♦ 2 days ago


This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:


  • "Proofreading questions are off-topic unless a specific source of concern in the text is clearly identified." – tchrist
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
















  • A joint road to success sounds very odd to me, like the road is jointly owned or something like that. I don’t think way works that well, either. A common way to success would be more about the things everyone needs to be successful (say, education, talent, a good network, etc.), whereas the road to success is more about the journey itself. It’s not a huge difference, but in this context, road feels a lot more natural to me. Eventually, though, I think this all comes down to opinion more than verifiable fact, so I’m not sure it’s really a good fit here.

    – Janus Bahs Jacquet
    Mar 19 at 22:27






  • 1





    "Common" also means "commonly used", i.e. used by lots of people. That's what I understand "a common road to success" to mean.

    – TrevorD
    Mar 20 at 0:44











  • From where do you get the idea that this is "trying to express something like 'let's join our forces to make your business successful' "?

    – TrevorD
    Mar 20 at 0:45












  • TrevorD ... it is written also in other language

    – Tomas F.
    Mar 20 at 6:58











  • I don't see an actual (and objective) question here.

    – Jason Bassford
    Mar 20 at 14:40















-1















Recently this masterpiece (attachment) came out as the new visual identity of a certain cargo transport company.
It says 'a common road to success' trying to express something like 'let's join our forces to make your business successful'



a cargo locomotive



Am I correct to say (?), that:



  • Although 'common' means 'shared by at least two entities', it does not express any effort done for it to be in common. I would personally use 'joint'.


  • The nuances of 'road' vs. 'way' in the phrase 'road to success' are similar to 'on the road' vs. 'on the way'. If you put out a biography, you would name it 'road to success', because the person probably climbed up and fallen down the ladder of life many times before reaching the summit. This is not this case I hope and the railway will deliver your goods without hesitation.


Thank you for any ideas.










share|improve this question













put on hold as off-topic by Jason Bassford, tchrist♦ 2 days ago


This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:


  • "Proofreading questions are off-topic unless a specific source of concern in the text is clearly identified." – tchrist
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
















  • A joint road to success sounds very odd to me, like the road is jointly owned or something like that. I don’t think way works that well, either. A common way to success would be more about the things everyone needs to be successful (say, education, talent, a good network, etc.), whereas the road to success is more about the journey itself. It’s not a huge difference, but in this context, road feels a lot more natural to me. Eventually, though, I think this all comes down to opinion more than verifiable fact, so I’m not sure it’s really a good fit here.

    – Janus Bahs Jacquet
    Mar 19 at 22:27






  • 1





    "Common" also means "commonly used", i.e. used by lots of people. That's what I understand "a common road to success" to mean.

    – TrevorD
    Mar 20 at 0:44











  • From where do you get the idea that this is "trying to express something like 'let's join our forces to make your business successful' "?

    – TrevorD
    Mar 20 at 0:45












  • TrevorD ... it is written also in other language

    – Tomas F.
    Mar 20 at 6:58











  • I don't see an actual (and objective) question here.

    – Jason Bassford
    Mar 20 at 14:40













-1












-1








-1








Recently this masterpiece (attachment) came out as the new visual identity of a certain cargo transport company.
It says 'a common road to success' trying to express something like 'let's join our forces to make your business successful'



a cargo locomotive



Am I correct to say (?), that:



  • Although 'common' means 'shared by at least two entities', it does not express any effort done for it to be in common. I would personally use 'joint'.


  • The nuances of 'road' vs. 'way' in the phrase 'road to success' are similar to 'on the road' vs. 'on the way'. If you put out a biography, you would name it 'road to success', because the person probably climbed up and fallen down the ladder of life many times before reaching the summit. This is not this case I hope and the railway will deliver your goods without hesitation.


Thank you for any ideas.










share|improve this question














Recently this masterpiece (attachment) came out as the new visual identity of a certain cargo transport company.
It says 'a common road to success' trying to express something like 'let's join our forces to make your business successful'



a cargo locomotive



Am I correct to say (?), that:



  • Although 'common' means 'shared by at least two entities', it does not express any effort done for it to be in common. I would personally use 'joint'.


  • The nuances of 'road' vs. 'way' in the phrase 'road to success' are similar to 'on the road' vs. 'on the way'. If you put out a biography, you would name it 'road to success', because the person probably climbed up and fallen down the ladder of life many times before reaching the summit. This is not this case I hope and the railway will deliver your goods without hesitation.


Thank you for any ideas.







phrases sentence-correction






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 19 at 22:14









Tomas F.Tomas F.

991




991




put on hold as off-topic by Jason Bassford, tchrist♦ 2 days ago


This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:


  • "Proofreading questions are off-topic unless a specific source of concern in the text is clearly identified." – tchrist
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.







put on hold as off-topic by Jason Bassford, tchrist♦ 2 days ago


This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:


  • "Proofreading questions are off-topic unless a specific source of concern in the text is clearly identified." – tchrist
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.












  • A joint road to success sounds very odd to me, like the road is jointly owned or something like that. I don’t think way works that well, either. A common way to success would be more about the things everyone needs to be successful (say, education, talent, a good network, etc.), whereas the road to success is more about the journey itself. It’s not a huge difference, but in this context, road feels a lot more natural to me. Eventually, though, I think this all comes down to opinion more than verifiable fact, so I’m not sure it’s really a good fit here.

    – Janus Bahs Jacquet
    Mar 19 at 22:27






  • 1





    "Common" also means "commonly used", i.e. used by lots of people. That's what I understand "a common road to success" to mean.

    – TrevorD
    Mar 20 at 0:44











  • From where do you get the idea that this is "trying to express something like 'let's join our forces to make your business successful' "?

    – TrevorD
    Mar 20 at 0:45












  • TrevorD ... it is written also in other language

    – Tomas F.
    Mar 20 at 6:58











  • I don't see an actual (and objective) question here.

    – Jason Bassford
    Mar 20 at 14:40

















  • A joint road to success sounds very odd to me, like the road is jointly owned or something like that. I don’t think way works that well, either. A common way to success would be more about the things everyone needs to be successful (say, education, talent, a good network, etc.), whereas the road to success is more about the journey itself. It’s not a huge difference, but in this context, road feels a lot more natural to me. Eventually, though, I think this all comes down to opinion more than verifiable fact, so I’m not sure it’s really a good fit here.

    – Janus Bahs Jacquet
    Mar 19 at 22:27






  • 1





    "Common" also means "commonly used", i.e. used by lots of people. That's what I understand "a common road to success" to mean.

    – TrevorD
    Mar 20 at 0:44











  • From where do you get the idea that this is "trying to express something like 'let's join our forces to make your business successful' "?

    – TrevorD
    Mar 20 at 0:45












  • TrevorD ... it is written also in other language

    – Tomas F.
    Mar 20 at 6:58











  • I don't see an actual (and objective) question here.

    – Jason Bassford
    Mar 20 at 14:40
















A joint road to success sounds very odd to me, like the road is jointly owned or something like that. I don’t think way works that well, either. A common way to success would be more about the things everyone needs to be successful (say, education, talent, a good network, etc.), whereas the road to success is more about the journey itself. It’s not a huge difference, but in this context, road feels a lot more natural to me. Eventually, though, I think this all comes down to opinion more than verifiable fact, so I’m not sure it’s really a good fit here.

– Janus Bahs Jacquet
Mar 19 at 22:27





A joint road to success sounds very odd to me, like the road is jointly owned or something like that. I don’t think way works that well, either. A common way to success would be more about the things everyone needs to be successful (say, education, talent, a good network, etc.), whereas the road to success is more about the journey itself. It’s not a huge difference, but in this context, road feels a lot more natural to me. Eventually, though, I think this all comes down to opinion more than verifiable fact, so I’m not sure it’s really a good fit here.

– Janus Bahs Jacquet
Mar 19 at 22:27




1




1





"Common" also means "commonly used", i.e. used by lots of people. That's what I understand "a common road to success" to mean.

– TrevorD
Mar 20 at 0:44





"Common" also means "commonly used", i.e. used by lots of people. That's what I understand "a common road to success" to mean.

– TrevorD
Mar 20 at 0:44













From where do you get the idea that this is "trying to express something like 'let's join our forces to make your business successful' "?

– TrevorD
Mar 20 at 0:45






From where do you get the idea that this is "trying to express something like 'let's join our forces to make your business successful' "?

– TrevorD
Mar 20 at 0:45














TrevorD ... it is written also in other language

– Tomas F.
Mar 20 at 6:58





TrevorD ... it is written also in other language

– Tomas F.
Mar 20 at 6:58













I don't see an actual (and objective) question here.

– Jason Bassford
Mar 20 at 14:40





I don't see an actual (and objective) question here.

– Jason Bassford
Mar 20 at 14:40










0






active

oldest

votes

















0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes

Popular posts from this blog

Bruad Bilen | Luke uk diar | NawigatsjuunCommonskategorii: BruadCommonskategorii: RunstükenWikiquote: Bruad

Modern approach to radio buttons

A word for worn pool table felt