Blender - show edges angles “direction”2019 Community Moderator Election Unicorn Meta Zoo #1: Why another podcast? Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara 2019 Moderator Election Q&A - QuestionnaireVisualize some edges of a mesh with Blender (or MeshLab)What are the light blue lines on my imported objectsAny feature in Blender which can show front edges and back edges differently like in SketchupHow can I connect loose edges?How to quickly mark hard edges?How to render an object with arbitrary edges shown?How to straighten out multiple selected edges to one axis?Extracting prominent edges from modelAutomatic welding in blenderEdges Look Uneven

How do I deal with an erroneously large refund?

Did war bonds have better investment alternatives during WWII?

My admission is revoked after accepting the admission offer

Why doesn't the university give past final exams' answers?

How did Elite on the NES work?

Retract an already submitted Recommendation Letter (written for an undergrad student)

Was there ever a LEGO store in Miami International Airport?

Can gravitational waves pass through a black hole?

Getting AggregateResult variables from Execute Anonymous Window

What do you call an IPA symbol that lacks a name (e.g. ɲ)?

/bin/ls sorts differently than just ls

How to keep bees out of canned beverages?

What's parked in Mil Moscow helicopter plant?

What *exactly* is electrical current, voltage, and resistance?

Is there a possibility to generate a list dynamically in Latex?

TV series episode where humans nuke aliens before decrypting their message that states they come in peace

All ASCII characters with a given bit count

Is it accepted to use working hours to read general interest books?

Why isn't everyone flabbergasted about Bran's "gift"?

What is the ongoing value of the Kanban board to the developers as opposed to management

Does using the Inspiration rules for character defects encourage My Guy Syndrome?

Processing ADC conversion result: DMA vs Processor Registers

Why is water being consumed when my shutoff valve is closed?

Writing a T-SQL stored procedure to receive 4 numbers and insert them into a table



Blender - show edges angles “direction”



2019 Community Moderator Election
Unicorn Meta Zoo #1: Why another podcast?
Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara
2019 Moderator Election Q&A - QuestionnaireVisualize some edges of a mesh with Blender (or MeshLab)What are the light blue lines on my imported objectsAny feature in Blender which can show front edges and back edges differently like in SketchupHow can I connect loose edges?How to quickly mark hard edges?How to render an object with arbitrary edges shown?How to straighten out multiple selected edges to one axis?Extracting prominent edges from modelAutomatic welding in blenderEdges Look Uneven



.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








3












$begingroup$


I'm working on a papercraft project on Pepakura.
Valley folds show in light blue and Montain Folds in dark blue in this software.



enter image description here



I was wondering if there is a way to show the angle of the folding edges directly on Blender ?



Thanks :)










share|improve this question











$endgroup$











  • $begingroup$
    Please edit "I'm working on a papercraft project...in dark blue" into two sentences. I had to re-read that nearly 10 times before I concluded that light folds are called "Pepakura and Valley" and dark folds are called "Montain"
    $endgroup$
    – person27
    Mar 26 at 4:19

















3












$begingroup$


I'm working on a papercraft project on Pepakura.
Valley folds show in light blue and Montain Folds in dark blue in this software.



enter image description here



I was wondering if there is a way to show the angle of the folding edges directly on Blender ?



Thanks :)










share|improve this question











$endgroup$











  • $begingroup$
    Please edit "I'm working on a papercraft project...in dark blue" into two sentences. I had to re-read that nearly 10 times before I concluded that light folds are called "Pepakura and Valley" and dark folds are called "Montain"
    $endgroup$
    – person27
    Mar 26 at 4:19













3












3








3





$begingroup$


I'm working on a papercraft project on Pepakura.
Valley folds show in light blue and Montain Folds in dark blue in this software.



enter image description here



I was wondering if there is a way to show the angle of the folding edges directly on Blender ?



Thanks :)










share|improve this question











$endgroup$




I'm working on a papercraft project on Pepakura.
Valley folds show in light blue and Montain Folds in dark blue in this software.



enter image description here



I was wondering if there is a way to show the angle of the folding edges directly on Blender ?



Thanks :)







edges






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 27 at 12:00







DTWORKSHOP

















asked Mar 25 at 15:30









DTWORKSHOP DTWORKSHOP

162




162











  • $begingroup$
    Please edit "I'm working on a papercraft project...in dark blue" into two sentences. I had to re-read that nearly 10 times before I concluded that light folds are called "Pepakura and Valley" and dark folds are called "Montain"
    $endgroup$
    – person27
    Mar 26 at 4:19
















  • $begingroup$
    Please edit "I'm working on a papercraft project...in dark blue" into two sentences. I had to re-read that nearly 10 times before I concluded that light folds are called "Pepakura and Valley" and dark folds are called "Montain"
    $endgroup$
    – person27
    Mar 26 at 4:19















$begingroup$
Please edit "I'm working on a papercraft project...in dark blue" into two sentences. I had to re-read that nearly 10 times before I concluded that light folds are called "Pepakura and Valley" and dark folds are called "Montain"
$endgroup$
– person27
Mar 26 at 4:19




$begingroup$
Please edit "I'm working on a papercraft project...in dark blue" into two sentences. I had to re-read that nearly 10 times before I concluded that light folds are called "Pepakura and Valley" and dark folds are called "Montain"
$endgroup$
– person27
Mar 26 at 4:19










2 Answers
2






active

oldest

votes


















5












$begingroup$

Closest thing I know in Blender is using Mesh Analysis from the Properties Side Bar.



Enter Edit Mode on a mesh object, turn on Mesh Analysis, set it to Sharp and adjust the angles as desired.



enter image description here



Have in mind that it can't highlight single edges as illustrated, only face angles. Not sure if it can both show concave and convex edges at the same time.






share|improve this answer











$endgroup$




















    4












    $begingroup$

    In edit mode hit "N" and look for the Mesh Display tab.



    enter image description here






    share|improve this answer









    $endgroup$













      Your Answer








      StackExchange.ready(function()
      var channelOptions =
      tags: "".split(" "),
      id: "502"
      ;
      initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

      StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
      // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
      if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
      StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
      createEditor();
      );

      else
      createEditor();

      );

      function createEditor()
      StackExchange.prepareEditor(
      heartbeatType: 'answer',
      autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
      convertImagesToLinks: false,
      noModals: true,
      showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
      reputationToPostImages: null,
      bindNavPrevention: true,
      postfix: "",
      imageUploader:
      brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
      contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
      allowUrls: true
      ,
      onDemand: true,
      discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
      ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
      );



      );













      draft saved

      draft discarded


















      StackExchange.ready(
      function ()
      StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fblender.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f135275%2fblender-show-edges-angles-direction%23new-answer', 'question_page');

      );

      Post as a guest















      Required, but never shown

























      2 Answers
      2






      active

      oldest

      votes








      2 Answers
      2






      active

      oldest

      votes









      active

      oldest

      votes






      active

      oldest

      votes









      5












      $begingroup$

      Closest thing I know in Blender is using Mesh Analysis from the Properties Side Bar.



      Enter Edit Mode on a mesh object, turn on Mesh Analysis, set it to Sharp and adjust the angles as desired.



      enter image description here



      Have in mind that it can't highlight single edges as illustrated, only face angles. Not sure if it can both show concave and convex edges at the same time.






      share|improve this answer











      $endgroup$

















        5












        $begingroup$

        Closest thing I know in Blender is using Mesh Analysis from the Properties Side Bar.



        Enter Edit Mode on a mesh object, turn on Mesh Analysis, set it to Sharp and adjust the angles as desired.



        enter image description here



        Have in mind that it can't highlight single edges as illustrated, only face angles. Not sure if it can both show concave and convex edges at the same time.






        share|improve this answer











        $endgroup$















          5












          5








          5





          $begingroup$

          Closest thing I know in Blender is using Mesh Analysis from the Properties Side Bar.



          Enter Edit Mode on a mesh object, turn on Mesh Analysis, set it to Sharp and adjust the angles as desired.



          enter image description here



          Have in mind that it can't highlight single edges as illustrated, only face angles. Not sure if it can both show concave and convex edges at the same time.






          share|improve this answer











          $endgroup$



          Closest thing I know in Blender is using Mesh Analysis from the Properties Side Bar.



          Enter Edit Mode on a mesh object, turn on Mesh Analysis, set it to Sharp and adjust the angles as desired.



          enter image description here



          Have in mind that it can't highlight single edges as illustrated, only face angles. Not sure if it can both show concave and convex edges at the same time.







          share|improve this answer














          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer








          edited Mar 26 at 0:43

























          answered Mar 25 at 18:09









          Duarte Farrajota RamosDuarte Farrajota Ramos

          34.8k63982




          34.8k63982























              4












              $begingroup$

              In edit mode hit "N" and look for the Mesh Display tab.



              enter image description here






              share|improve this answer









              $endgroup$

















                4












                $begingroup$

                In edit mode hit "N" and look for the Mesh Display tab.



                enter image description here






                share|improve this answer









                $endgroup$















                  4












                  4








                  4





                  $begingroup$

                  In edit mode hit "N" and look for the Mesh Display tab.



                  enter image description here






                  share|improve this answer









                  $endgroup$



                  In edit mode hit "N" and look for the Mesh Display tab.



                  enter image description here







                  share|improve this answer












                  share|improve this answer



                  share|improve this answer










                  answered Mar 25 at 15:58









                  FFellerFFeller

                  1,4841310




                  1,4841310



























                      draft saved

                      draft discarded
















































                      Thanks for contributing an answer to Blender Stack Exchange!


                      • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                      But avoid …


                      • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                      • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                      Use MathJax to format equations. MathJax reference.


                      To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                      draft saved


                      draft discarded














                      StackExchange.ready(
                      function ()
                      StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fblender.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f135275%2fblender-show-edges-angles-direction%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                      );

                      Post as a guest















                      Required, but never shown





















































                      Required, but never shown














                      Required, but never shown












                      Required, but never shown







                      Required, but never shown

































                      Required, but never shown














                      Required, but never shown












                      Required, but never shown







                      Required, but never shown







                      Popular posts from this blog

                      Bruad Bilen | Luke uk diar | NawigatsjuunCommonskategorii: BruadCommonskategorii: RunstükenWikiquote: Bruad

                      Modern approach to radio buttons

                      A word for worn pool table felt