Should I write “I have been teamed up” or “I had been teamed up”Where should we use 'has/have been' and 'had been'?Does “had have been” exist?Grammar: Had been + vb or has been + vbHas been Vs had beenHad been working or had workedHad been finishing? Can it be correct?confusing sentence “before I'd had a chance, my sister ran up …”I had complained or complainedWhat is this sentense structure 'If you had …, I would have been …'previously was/had been

Why was the Spitfire's elliptical wing almost uncopied by other aircraft of World War 2?

Unexpected email from Yorkshire Bank

Modify locally tikzset

How deep to place a deadman anchor for a slackline?

How to replace the "space symbol" (squat-u) in listings?

Mysql fixing root password

Can my Warlock be invisible and attack with its familiar?

Is creating your own "experiment" considered cheating during a physics exam?

Minimum value of 4 digit number divided by sum of its digits

Can a creature tell when it has been "Portented"?

Is it possible to measure lightning discharges as Nikola Tesla?

Sci-fi novel series with instant travel between planets through gates. A river runs through the gates

Do I have to worry about players making “bad” choices on level up?

TikZ how to make supply and demand arrows for nodes?

Is there a way to detect if the current member function is operating on an lvalue or rvalue?

In gnome-terminal only 2 out of 3 zoom keys work

How can Republicans who favour free markets, consistently express anger when they don't like the outcome of that choice?

Will tsunami waves travel forever if there was no land?

Options leqno, reqno for documentclass or exist another option?

Transfer over $10k

Examples of non trivial equivalence relations , I mean equivalence relations without the expression " same ... as" in their definition?

Normal subgroup of even order whose nontrivial elements form a single conjugacy class is abelian

Is there a way to get a compiler for the original B programming language?

Confusion about capacitors



Should I write “I have been teamed up” or “I had been teamed up”


Where should we use 'has/have been' and 'had been'?Does “had have been” exist?Grammar: Had been + vb or has been + vbHas been Vs had beenHad been working or had workedHad been finishing? Can it be correct?confusing sentence “before I'd had a chance, my sister ran up …”I had complained or complainedWhat is this sentense structure 'If you had …, I would have been …'previously was/had been






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








0















I want to write a past perfect tense sentence with a word "teamed up". Should I write




I have been teamed up




OR




I had been teamed up.











share|improve this question
























  • I'm flagging this as off-topic ("no research / ELL"). Hi Magreth, it's important to look up a grammar book or a web page on tenses before you ask this kind of question here, as it will often provide the solution. Our Help Centre says "Be sure to mention the research you've done and what you're still hoping to learn!" For further guidance, see How to Ask and take the EL&U Tour :-)

    – Chappo
    Mar 29 at 22:43











  • "I have been teamed up with Fred, and next week we will start on a new project together." "I had been teamed up with Fred, but he retired, so now I'm teamed up with Joe."

    – Hot Licks
    Mar 30 at 1:55

















0















I want to write a past perfect tense sentence with a word "teamed up". Should I write




I have been teamed up




OR




I had been teamed up.











share|improve this question
























  • I'm flagging this as off-topic ("no research / ELL"). Hi Magreth, it's important to look up a grammar book or a web page on tenses before you ask this kind of question here, as it will often provide the solution. Our Help Centre says "Be sure to mention the research you've done and what you're still hoping to learn!" For further guidance, see How to Ask and take the EL&U Tour :-)

    – Chappo
    Mar 29 at 22:43











  • "I have been teamed up with Fred, and next week we will start on a new project together." "I had been teamed up with Fred, but he retired, so now I'm teamed up with Joe."

    – Hot Licks
    Mar 30 at 1:55













0












0








0








I want to write a past perfect tense sentence with a word "teamed up". Should I write




I have been teamed up




OR




I had been teamed up.











share|improve this question
















I want to write a past perfect tense sentence with a word "teamed up". Should I write




I have been teamed up




OR




I had been teamed up.








past-tense past-perfect






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 29 at 22:48









Chappo

3,05351527




3,05351527










asked Mar 28 at 9:35









MagrethMagreth

6




6












  • I'm flagging this as off-topic ("no research / ELL"). Hi Magreth, it's important to look up a grammar book or a web page on tenses before you ask this kind of question here, as it will often provide the solution. Our Help Centre says "Be sure to mention the research you've done and what you're still hoping to learn!" For further guidance, see How to Ask and take the EL&U Tour :-)

    – Chappo
    Mar 29 at 22:43











  • "I have been teamed up with Fred, and next week we will start on a new project together." "I had been teamed up with Fred, but he retired, so now I'm teamed up with Joe."

    – Hot Licks
    Mar 30 at 1:55

















  • I'm flagging this as off-topic ("no research / ELL"). Hi Magreth, it's important to look up a grammar book or a web page on tenses before you ask this kind of question here, as it will often provide the solution. Our Help Centre says "Be sure to mention the research you've done and what you're still hoping to learn!" For further guidance, see How to Ask and take the EL&U Tour :-)

    – Chappo
    Mar 29 at 22:43











  • "I have been teamed up with Fred, and next week we will start on a new project together." "I had been teamed up with Fred, but he retired, so now I'm teamed up with Joe."

    – Hot Licks
    Mar 30 at 1:55
















I'm flagging this as off-topic ("no research / ELL"). Hi Magreth, it's important to look up a grammar book or a web page on tenses before you ask this kind of question here, as it will often provide the solution. Our Help Centre says "Be sure to mention the research you've done and what you're still hoping to learn!" For further guidance, see How to Ask and take the EL&U Tour :-)

– Chappo
Mar 29 at 22:43





I'm flagging this as off-topic ("no research / ELL"). Hi Magreth, it's important to look up a grammar book or a web page on tenses before you ask this kind of question here, as it will often provide the solution. Our Help Centre says "Be sure to mention the research you've done and what you're still hoping to learn!" For further guidance, see How to Ask and take the EL&U Tour :-)

– Chappo
Mar 29 at 22:43













"I have been teamed up with Fred, and next week we will start on a new project together." "I had been teamed up with Fred, but he retired, so now I'm teamed up with Joe."

– Hot Licks
Mar 30 at 1:55





"I have been teamed up with Fred, and next week we will start on a new project together." "I had been teamed up with Fred, but he retired, so now I'm teamed up with Joe."

– Hot Licks
Mar 30 at 1:55










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















0














The past perfect tense for your sentence is




I HAD been teamed up.




The other sentence




I HAVE been teamed up.




becomes present perfect.






share|improve this answer























    Your Answer








    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "97"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
    convertImagesToLinks: false,
    noModals: true,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: null,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    imageUploader:
    brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
    contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
    allowUrls: true
    ,
    noCode: true, onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );













    draft saved

    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fenglish.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f491688%2fshould-i-write-i-have-been-teamed-up-or-i-had-been-teamed-up%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest















    Required, but never shown

























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes









    0














    The past perfect tense for your sentence is




    I HAD been teamed up.




    The other sentence




    I HAVE been teamed up.




    becomes present perfect.






    share|improve this answer



























      0














      The past perfect tense for your sentence is




      I HAD been teamed up.




      The other sentence




      I HAVE been teamed up.




      becomes present perfect.






      share|improve this answer

























        0












        0








        0







        The past perfect tense for your sentence is




        I HAD been teamed up.




        The other sentence




        I HAVE been teamed up.




        becomes present perfect.






        share|improve this answer













        The past perfect tense for your sentence is




        I HAD been teamed up.




        The other sentence




        I HAVE been teamed up.




        becomes present perfect.







        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered Mar 28 at 9:42









        sulfuric.nyxsulfuric.nyx

        1143




        1143



























            draft saved

            draft discarded
















































            Thanks for contributing an answer to English Language & Usage Stack Exchange!


            • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

            But avoid …


            • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

            • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

            To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fenglish.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f491688%2fshould-i-write-i-have-been-teamed-up-or-i-had-been-teamed-up%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown





















































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown

































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown







            Popular posts from this blog

            Bruad Bilen | Luke uk diar | NawigatsjuunCommonskategorii: BruadCommonskategorii: RunstükenWikiquote: Bruad

            Modern approach to radio buttons

            A word for worn pool table felt