What's the connection between “kicking a pigeon” and “how a bill becomes a law”?





.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty{
margin-bottom:0;
}








13















American television sitcom - Friends




A: That man across the street just kicked that pigeon.



B: And basically, that's how a bill becomes a law. (Along with audience laughing)




I looked up "kick pigeon" and "bill becomes law", found nothing.










share|improve this question




















  • 3





    Good question. I found the episode script and read the whole scene. It's clearly meant to be a joke - and Friends had a lot of corny jokes - but I don't get it. I haven't seen the episode, so maybe there's some crucial visual context missing. My best guess is that Chandler is referring to his "rule" about waiting to call women after a date, but I don't get the pigeon connection either.

    – TypeIA
    May 27 at 4:42




















13















American television sitcom - Friends




A: That man across the street just kicked that pigeon.



B: And basically, that's how a bill becomes a law. (Along with audience laughing)




I looked up "kick pigeon" and "bill becomes law", found nothing.










share|improve this question




















  • 3





    Good question. I found the episode script and read the whole scene. It's clearly meant to be a joke - and Friends had a lot of corny jokes - but I don't get it. I haven't seen the episode, so maybe there's some crucial visual context missing. My best guess is that Chandler is referring to his "rule" about waiting to call women after a date, but I don't get the pigeon connection either.

    – TypeIA
    May 27 at 4:42
















13












13








13


2






American television sitcom - Friends




A: That man across the street just kicked that pigeon.



B: And basically, that's how a bill becomes a law. (Along with audience laughing)




I looked up "kick pigeon" and "bill becomes law", found nothing.










share|improve this question














American television sitcom - Friends




A: That man across the street just kicked that pigeon.



B: And basically, that's how a bill becomes a law. (Along with audience laughing)




I looked up "kick pigeon" and "bill becomes law", found nothing.







meaning-in-context






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked May 27 at 4:25









ZhangZhang

1,9351 gold badge11 silver badges34 bronze badges




1,9351 gold badge11 silver badges34 bronze badges











  • 3





    Good question. I found the episode script and read the whole scene. It's clearly meant to be a joke - and Friends had a lot of corny jokes - but I don't get it. I haven't seen the episode, so maybe there's some crucial visual context missing. My best guess is that Chandler is referring to his "rule" about waiting to call women after a date, but I don't get the pigeon connection either.

    – TypeIA
    May 27 at 4:42
















  • 3





    Good question. I found the episode script and read the whole scene. It's clearly meant to be a joke - and Friends had a lot of corny jokes - but I don't get it. I haven't seen the episode, so maybe there's some crucial visual context missing. My best guess is that Chandler is referring to his "rule" about waiting to call women after a date, but I don't get the pigeon connection either.

    – TypeIA
    May 27 at 4:42










3




3





Good question. I found the episode script and read the whole scene. It's clearly meant to be a joke - and Friends had a lot of corny jokes - but I don't get it. I haven't seen the episode, so maybe there's some crucial visual context missing. My best guess is that Chandler is referring to his "rule" about waiting to call women after a date, but I don't get the pigeon connection either.

– TypeIA
May 27 at 4:42







Good question. I found the episode script and read the whole scene. It's clearly meant to be a joke - and Friends had a lot of corny jokes - but I don't get it. I haven't seen the episode, so maybe there's some crucial visual context missing. My best guess is that Chandler is referring to his "rule" about waiting to call women after a date, but I don't get the pigeon connection either.

– TypeIA
May 27 at 4:42












1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















37

















There is no connection. They are talking about Rachel and then she walks in, so Chandler pretends to be continuing a conversation about something totally different. (from a comment by Minty)







share|improve this answer























  • 1





    And it's funny because the process of how a bill becomes a law is not something the friends would usually talk about. It's a very mundane thing to choose to cover up a prior conversation, which is funny.

    – only_pro
    May 28 at 16:36















Your Answer








StackExchange.ready(function() {
var channelOptions = {
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "481"
};
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function() {
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled) {
StackExchange.using("snippets", function() {
createEditor();
});
}
else {
createEditor();
}
});

function createEditor() {
StackExchange.prepareEditor({
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader: {
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/"u003ecc by-sa 4.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
},
noCode: true, onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
});


}
});















draft saved

draft discarded
















StackExchange.ready(
function () {
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fell.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f212392%2fwhats-the-connection-between-kicking-a-pigeon-and-how-a-bill-becomes-a-law%23new-answer', 'question_page');
}
);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes









37

















There is no connection. They are talking about Rachel and then she walks in, so Chandler pretends to be continuing a conversation about something totally different. (from a comment by Minty)







share|improve this answer























  • 1





    And it's funny because the process of how a bill becomes a law is not something the friends would usually talk about. It's a very mundane thing to choose to cover up a prior conversation, which is funny.

    – only_pro
    May 28 at 16:36


















37

















There is no connection. They are talking about Rachel and then she walks in, so Chandler pretends to be continuing a conversation about something totally different. (from a comment by Minty)







share|improve this answer























  • 1





    And it's funny because the process of how a bill becomes a law is not something the friends would usually talk about. It's a very mundane thing to choose to cover up a prior conversation, which is funny.

    – only_pro
    May 28 at 16:36
















37














37










37










There is no connection. They are talking about Rachel and then she walks in, so Chandler pretends to be continuing a conversation about something totally different. (from a comment by Minty)







share|improve this answer
















There is no connection. They are talking about Rachel and then she walks in, so Chandler pretends to be continuing a conversation about something totally different. (from a comment by Minty)








share|improve this answer














share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer








edited May 28 at 10:00


























community wiki





2 revs, 2 users 67%
ColleenV












  • 1





    And it's funny because the process of how a bill becomes a law is not something the friends would usually talk about. It's a very mundane thing to choose to cover up a prior conversation, which is funny.

    – only_pro
    May 28 at 16:36
















  • 1





    And it's funny because the process of how a bill becomes a law is not something the friends would usually talk about. It's a very mundane thing to choose to cover up a prior conversation, which is funny.

    – only_pro
    May 28 at 16:36










1




1





And it's funny because the process of how a bill becomes a law is not something the friends would usually talk about. It's a very mundane thing to choose to cover up a prior conversation, which is funny.

– only_pro
May 28 at 16:36







And it's funny because the process of how a bill becomes a law is not something the friends would usually talk about. It's a very mundane thing to choose to cover up a prior conversation, which is funny.

– only_pro
May 28 at 16:36





















draft saved

draft discarded



















































Thanks for contributing an answer to English Language Learners Stack Exchange!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …



  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.


To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function () {
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fell.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f212392%2fwhats-the-connection-between-kicking-a-pigeon-and-how-a-bill-becomes-a-law%23new-answer', 'question_page');
}
);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Bruad Bilen | Luke uk diar | NawigatsjuunCommonskategorii: BruadCommonskategorii: RunstükenWikiquote: Bruad

Modern approach to radio buttons

A word for worn pool table felt