Star/Wye electrical connection math symbolThe √ symbol in the unicode-math package$VDash$ Symbol in AMS math packages?Getting items above and below a compound math symbolmath symbol : bar touching an omegaMissing $ inserted when using custom math symbolUsing newcommand to create a math symbolMath symbol explanation in the same lineFormatting of a star in the right upper corner of a product symbolAlign vector symbol with upright math letternewcommand: Combine (optional) star and optional parameter

A ​Note ​on ​N!

Is Electric Central Heating worth it if using Solar Panels?

How can I practically buy stocks?

Is there really no use for MD5 anymore?

What was Apollo 13's "Little Jolt" after MECO?

What to do with someone that cheated their way through university and a PhD program?

Ergodic without atoms implies completely conservative?

Initiative: Do I lose my attack/action if my target moves or dies before my turn in combat?

Why do games have consumables?

How does Captain America channel this power?

All ASCII characters with a given bit count

"The cow" OR "a cow" OR "cows" in this context

What happens to the Infinity Stones?

Contradiction proof for inequality of P and NP?

Why didn't the Space Shuttle bounce back into space as many times as possible so as to lose a lot of kinetic energy up there?

"Whatever a Russian does, they end up making the Kalashnikov gun"? Are there any similar proverbs in English?

Can't get 5V 3A DC constant

Is the claim "Employers won't employ people with no 'social media presence'" realistic?

Two field separators (colon and space) in awk

Magical attacks and overcoming damage resistance

How do I produce this Greek letter koppa: Ϟ in pdfLaTeX?

Pulling the rope with one hand is as heavy as with two hands?

Could the terminal length of components like resistors be reduced?

How bug prioritization works in agile projects vs non agile



Star/Wye electrical connection math symbol


The √ symbol in the unicode-math package$VDash$ Symbol in AMS math packages?Getting items above and below a compound math symbolmath symbol : bar touching an omegaMissing $ inserted when using custom math symbolUsing newcommand to create a math symbolMath symbol explanation in the same lineFormatting of a star in the right upper corner of a product symbolAlign vector symbol with upright math letternewcommand: Combine (optional) star and optional parameter













7















I am writing lots of mathematics within electrical engineering, where I often need to specify which of two connection types I am talking about.



One is called Delta, specified with a triangle $Delta$. The other is called Wye/Star, a three legged star with $120degree$ separated legs, like in the picture below.



enter image description here



What I wish for is a way to inline with the mathematics write $wye$ and get the depicted symbol the same way I get $Delta$, but I am not very experienced with defining new symbols...










share|improve this question




























    7















    I am writing lots of mathematics within electrical engineering, where I often need to specify which of two connection types I am talking about.



    One is called Delta, specified with a triangle $Delta$. The other is called Wye/Star, a three legged star with $120degree$ separated legs, like in the picture below.



    enter image description here



    What I wish for is a way to inline with the mathematics write $wye$ and get the depicted symbol the same way I get $Delta$, but I am not very experienced with defining new symbols...










    share|improve this question


























      7












      7








      7


      1






      I am writing lots of mathematics within electrical engineering, where I often need to specify which of two connection types I am talking about.



      One is called Delta, specified with a triangle $Delta$. The other is called Wye/Star, a three legged star with $120degree$ separated legs, like in the picture below.



      enter image description here



      What I wish for is a way to inline with the mathematics write $wye$ and get the depicted symbol the same way I get $Delta$, but I am not very experienced with defining new symbols...










      share|improve this question
















      I am writing lots of mathematics within electrical engineering, where I often need to specify which of two connection types I am talking about.



      One is called Delta, specified with a triangle $Delta$. The other is called Wye/Star, a three legged star with $120degree$ separated legs, like in the picture below.



      enter image description here



      What I wish for is a way to inline with the mathematics write $wye$ and get the depicted symbol the same way I get $Delta$, but I am not very experienced with defining new symbols...







      macros amsmath






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 26 at 14:53







      E. l4d3

















      asked Mar 26 at 14:25









      E. l4d3E. l4d3

      31018




      31018




















          2 Answers
          2






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          7














          I made one leg a bit thicker, in the manner of Delta.



          Works across math styles.



          documentclassarticle
          usepackagerotating,stackengine,scalerel
          newcommandwyescalerel*stackengine-1pt%
          rotatebox[origin=c]30rule10pt.9ptkern-1pt%
          rotatebox[origin=c]-30rule10pt1.3pt%
          rule.9pt10ptOcFFSDelta
          begindocument
          $Deltawye
          scriptstyleDeltawye
          scriptscriptstyleDeltawye$
          enddocument


          enter image description here



          Merely changing the instances of 30 and -30 to 40 and -40 will change the aspect, while scalerel will take care of the scaling automatically:



          enter image description here






          share|improve this answer
































            8














            TikZ? (Scalable line width added, great thanks to marmot!)



            documentclassarticle
            usepackagetikz
            usepackageamssymb
            newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(45:1)--++(-45:1) (45:1)--++(0,1);
            begindocument
            $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
            enddocument


            enter image description here



            documentclassarticle
            usepackagetikz
            usepackageamssymb
            newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(30:1)--++(-30:1) (30:1)--++(0,1);
            begindocument
            $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
            enddocument


            enter image description here






            share|improve this answer

























              Your Answer








              StackExchange.ready(function()
              var channelOptions =
              tags: "".split(" "),
              id: "85"
              ;
              initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

              StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
              // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
              if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
              StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
              createEditor();
              );

              else
              createEditor();

              );

              function createEditor()
              StackExchange.prepareEditor(
              heartbeatType: 'answer',
              autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
              convertImagesToLinks: false,
              noModals: true,
              showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
              reputationToPostImages: null,
              bindNavPrevention: true,
              postfix: "",
              imageUploader:
              brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
              contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
              allowUrls: true
              ,
              onDemand: true,
              discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
              ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
              );



              );













              draft saved

              draft discarded


















              StackExchange.ready(
              function ()
              StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftex.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f481532%2fstar-wye-electrical-connection-math-symbol%23new-answer', 'question_page');

              );

              Post as a guest















              Required, but never shown

























              2 Answers
              2






              active

              oldest

              votes








              2 Answers
              2






              active

              oldest

              votes









              active

              oldest

              votes






              active

              oldest

              votes









              7














              I made one leg a bit thicker, in the manner of Delta.



              Works across math styles.



              documentclassarticle
              usepackagerotating,stackengine,scalerel
              newcommandwyescalerel*stackengine-1pt%
              rotatebox[origin=c]30rule10pt.9ptkern-1pt%
              rotatebox[origin=c]-30rule10pt1.3pt%
              rule.9pt10ptOcFFSDelta
              begindocument
              $Deltawye
              scriptstyleDeltawye
              scriptscriptstyleDeltawye$
              enddocument


              enter image description here



              Merely changing the instances of 30 and -30 to 40 and -40 will change the aspect, while scalerel will take care of the scaling automatically:



              enter image description here






              share|improve this answer





























                7














                I made one leg a bit thicker, in the manner of Delta.



                Works across math styles.



                documentclassarticle
                usepackagerotating,stackengine,scalerel
                newcommandwyescalerel*stackengine-1pt%
                rotatebox[origin=c]30rule10pt.9ptkern-1pt%
                rotatebox[origin=c]-30rule10pt1.3pt%
                rule.9pt10ptOcFFSDelta
                begindocument
                $Deltawye
                scriptstyleDeltawye
                scriptscriptstyleDeltawye$
                enddocument


                enter image description here



                Merely changing the instances of 30 and -30 to 40 and -40 will change the aspect, while scalerel will take care of the scaling automatically:



                enter image description here






                share|improve this answer



























                  7












                  7








                  7







                  I made one leg a bit thicker, in the manner of Delta.



                  Works across math styles.



                  documentclassarticle
                  usepackagerotating,stackengine,scalerel
                  newcommandwyescalerel*stackengine-1pt%
                  rotatebox[origin=c]30rule10pt.9ptkern-1pt%
                  rotatebox[origin=c]-30rule10pt1.3pt%
                  rule.9pt10ptOcFFSDelta
                  begindocument
                  $Deltawye
                  scriptstyleDeltawye
                  scriptscriptstyleDeltawye$
                  enddocument


                  enter image description here



                  Merely changing the instances of 30 and -30 to 40 and -40 will change the aspect, while scalerel will take care of the scaling automatically:



                  enter image description here






                  share|improve this answer















                  I made one leg a bit thicker, in the manner of Delta.



                  Works across math styles.



                  documentclassarticle
                  usepackagerotating,stackengine,scalerel
                  newcommandwyescalerel*stackengine-1pt%
                  rotatebox[origin=c]30rule10pt.9ptkern-1pt%
                  rotatebox[origin=c]-30rule10pt1.3pt%
                  rule.9pt10ptOcFFSDelta
                  begindocument
                  $Deltawye
                  scriptstyleDeltawye
                  scriptscriptstyleDeltawye$
                  enddocument


                  enter image description here



                  Merely changing the instances of 30 and -30 to 40 and -40 will change the aspect, while scalerel will take care of the scaling automatically:



                  enter image description here







                  share|improve this answer














                  share|improve this answer



                  share|improve this answer








                  edited Mar 26 at 14:42

























                  answered Mar 26 at 14:37









                  Steven B. SegletesSteven B. Segletes

                  163k9208421




                  163k9208421





















                      8














                      TikZ? (Scalable line width added, great thanks to marmot!)



                      documentclassarticle
                      usepackagetikz
                      usepackageamssymb
                      newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(45:1)--++(-45:1) (45:1)--++(0,1);
                      begindocument
                      $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
                      enddocument


                      enter image description here



                      documentclassarticle
                      usepackagetikz
                      usepackageamssymb
                      newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(30:1)--++(-30:1) (30:1)--++(0,1);
                      begindocument
                      $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
                      enddocument


                      enter image description here






                      share|improve this answer





























                        8














                        TikZ? (Scalable line width added, great thanks to marmot!)



                        documentclassarticle
                        usepackagetikz
                        usepackageamssymb
                        newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(45:1)--++(-45:1) (45:1)--++(0,1);
                        begindocument
                        $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
                        enddocument


                        enter image description here



                        documentclassarticle
                        usepackagetikz
                        usepackageamssymb
                        newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(30:1)--++(-30:1) (30:1)--++(0,1);
                        begindocument
                        $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
                        enddocument


                        enter image description here






                        share|improve this answer



























                          8












                          8








                          8







                          TikZ? (Scalable line width added, great thanks to marmot!)



                          documentclassarticle
                          usepackagetikz
                          usepackageamssymb
                          newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(45:1)--++(-45:1) (45:1)--++(0,1);
                          begindocument
                          $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
                          enddocument


                          enter image description here



                          documentclassarticle
                          usepackagetikz
                          usepackageamssymb
                          newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(30:1)--++(-30:1) (30:1)--++(0,1);
                          begindocument
                          $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
                          enddocument


                          enter image description here






                          share|improve this answer















                          TikZ? (Scalable line width added, great thanks to marmot!)



                          documentclassarticle
                          usepackagetikz
                          usepackageamssymb
                          newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(45:1)--++(-45:1) (45:1)--++(0,1);
                          begindocument
                          $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
                          enddocument


                          enter image description here



                          documentclassarticle
                          usepackagetikz
                          usepackageamssymb
                          newcommandwyemathbintikz[x=1ex,y=1ex]draw[line width=.1ex] (0,0)--(30:1)--++(-30:1) (30:1)--++(0,1);
                          begindocument
                          $1wye2$ Huge $1wye2$
                          enddocument


                          enter image description here







                          share|improve this answer














                          share|improve this answer



                          share|improve this answer








                          edited Mar 26 at 15:12

























                          answered Mar 26 at 14:36









                          JouleVJouleV

                          16k22667




                          16k22667



























                              draft saved

                              draft discarded
















































                              Thanks for contributing an answer to TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange!


                              • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                              But avoid …


                              • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                              • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                              To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                              draft saved


                              draft discarded














                              StackExchange.ready(
                              function ()
                              StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftex.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f481532%2fstar-wye-electrical-connection-math-symbol%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                              );

                              Post as a guest















                              Required, but never shown





















































                              Required, but never shown














                              Required, but never shown












                              Required, but never shown







                              Required, but never shown

































                              Required, but never shown














                              Required, but never shown












                              Required, but never shown







                              Required, but never shown







                              Popular posts from this blog

                              Bruad Bilen | Luke uk diar | NawigatsjuunCommonskategorii: BruadCommonskategorii: RunstükenWikiquote: Bruad

                              Modern approach to radio buttons

                              A word for worn pool table felt