Transformation of sentences using “too”Is “gets” the correct tense to describe a continuous process in “John gets mentored on a daily basis”?Using many / much / a lot of with *population*“If you or somebody you know” vs “If somebody you know or you”Does “would” indicate intent but not possibility?Is it “Most of the reading was done” or “Most of the reading were done”?Using too many 'to's in a sentence?Be mindful of using vs be mindful ofUsage of “to” in the mentioned sentenceHow to punctuate interpolated interjections which are sentencesUsing 'not only… but also'

Stark VS Thanos

Field Length Validation for Desktop Application which has maximum 1000 characters

A non-technological, repeating, phenomenon in the sky, holding its position in the sky for hours

If 1. e4 c6 is considered as a sound defense for black, why is 1. c3 so rare?

How do you center multiple equations that have multiple steps?

What is the limiting factor for a CAN bus to exceed 1Mbps bandwidth?

How to back up a running Linode server?

How to reply this mail from potential PhD professor?

What happened to Rhaegal?

How did Arya manage to disguise herself?

If Earth is tilted, why is Polaris always above the same spot?

Why was Germany not as successful as other Europeans in establishing overseas colonies?

Topological Spaces homeomorphic

Is thermodynamics only applicable to systems in equilibrium?

Why is Arya visibly scared in the library in S8E3?

Write to EXCEL from SQL DB using VBA script

Can commander tax be proliferated?

What does air vanishing on contact sound like?

How to implement float hashing with approximate equality

Would "lab meat" be able to feed a much larger global population

Any examples of headwear for races with animal ears?

Survey Confirmation - Emphasize the question or the answer?

Airbnb - host wants to reduce rooms, can we get refund?

Why debootstrap can only run as root?



Transformation of sentences using “too”


Is “gets” the correct tense to describe a continuous process in “John gets mentored on a daily basis”?Using many / much / a lot of with *population*“If you or somebody you know” vs “If somebody you know or you”Does “would” indicate intent but not possibility?Is it “Most of the reading was done” or “Most of the reading were done”?Using too many 'to's in a sentence?Be mindful of using vs be mindful ofUsage of “to” in the mentioned sentenceHow to punctuate interpolated interjections which are sentencesUsing 'not only… but also'






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








-1















An example:




Tanzil is so capable that he does not require help.



Answer: "Tanzil is too capable to require help"




On this basis transform the sentence:




Naman is so innocent that he gets easily deceived




Changing the sentence using "too", I wrote




"Naman is too innocent to not be easily deceived."




However that is wrong.
The correct answer is: "Naman is too innocent not to be easily deceived."



Please somebody clarify the above.










share|improve this question
























  • I don't really follow. Did someone tell you that the form "to not be" is incorrect, but with no explanation? Maybe he objected to the split infinitive; we prefer to put the word "to" immediately before the verb in an infinitive. This objection really has nothing to do with business of "so" and "too."

    – Chaim
    Mar 28 at 13:56











  • Yes,they didn’t offer any explanation

    – Agnay Srivastava
    Mar 29 at 2:31











  • but am I wrong in this case?

    – Agnay Srivastava
    Mar 29 at 2:32











  • I think of "right" and "wrong" constructions as questions of degree and taste. In this case I think that lots of literate and careful writers sometimes put the word "not" within the infinitive just the way you did. But personally I would make the same change that someone else seems to be advising you to make, putting "not" before "to." In my opinion it's partly a question of whether the particular words sound natural to you in one order or another.

    – Chaim
    Mar 29 at 11:27

















-1















An example:




Tanzil is so capable that he does not require help.



Answer: "Tanzil is too capable to require help"




On this basis transform the sentence:




Naman is so innocent that he gets easily deceived




Changing the sentence using "too", I wrote




"Naman is too innocent to not be easily deceived."




However that is wrong.
The correct answer is: "Naman is too innocent not to be easily deceived."



Please somebody clarify the above.










share|improve this question
























  • I don't really follow. Did someone tell you that the form "to not be" is incorrect, but with no explanation? Maybe he objected to the split infinitive; we prefer to put the word "to" immediately before the verb in an infinitive. This objection really has nothing to do with business of "so" and "too."

    – Chaim
    Mar 28 at 13:56











  • Yes,they didn’t offer any explanation

    – Agnay Srivastava
    Mar 29 at 2:31











  • but am I wrong in this case?

    – Agnay Srivastava
    Mar 29 at 2:32











  • I think of "right" and "wrong" constructions as questions of degree and taste. In this case I think that lots of literate and careful writers sometimes put the word "not" within the infinitive just the way you did. But personally I would make the same change that someone else seems to be advising you to make, putting "not" before "to." In my opinion it's partly a question of whether the particular words sound natural to you in one order or another.

    – Chaim
    Mar 29 at 11:27













-1












-1








-1








An example:




Tanzil is so capable that he does not require help.



Answer: "Tanzil is too capable to require help"




On this basis transform the sentence:




Naman is so innocent that he gets easily deceived




Changing the sentence using "too", I wrote




"Naman is too innocent to not be easily deceived."




However that is wrong.
The correct answer is: "Naman is too innocent not to be easily deceived."



Please somebody clarify the above.










share|improve this question
















An example:




Tanzil is so capable that he does not require help.



Answer: "Tanzil is too capable to require help"




On this basis transform the sentence:




Naman is so innocent that he gets easily deceived




Changing the sentence using "too", I wrote




"Naman is too innocent to not be easily deceived."




However that is wrong.
The correct answer is: "Naman is too innocent not to be easily deceived."



Please somebody clarify the above.







grammar






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 28 at 12:55









Bella Swan

4188




4188










asked Mar 28 at 11:42









Agnay SrivastavaAgnay Srivastava

1




1












  • I don't really follow. Did someone tell you that the form "to not be" is incorrect, but with no explanation? Maybe he objected to the split infinitive; we prefer to put the word "to" immediately before the verb in an infinitive. This objection really has nothing to do with business of "so" and "too."

    – Chaim
    Mar 28 at 13:56











  • Yes,they didn’t offer any explanation

    – Agnay Srivastava
    Mar 29 at 2:31











  • but am I wrong in this case?

    – Agnay Srivastava
    Mar 29 at 2:32











  • I think of "right" and "wrong" constructions as questions of degree and taste. In this case I think that lots of literate and careful writers sometimes put the word "not" within the infinitive just the way you did. But personally I would make the same change that someone else seems to be advising you to make, putting "not" before "to." In my opinion it's partly a question of whether the particular words sound natural to you in one order or another.

    – Chaim
    Mar 29 at 11:27

















  • I don't really follow. Did someone tell you that the form "to not be" is incorrect, but with no explanation? Maybe he objected to the split infinitive; we prefer to put the word "to" immediately before the verb in an infinitive. This objection really has nothing to do with business of "so" and "too."

    – Chaim
    Mar 28 at 13:56











  • Yes,they didn’t offer any explanation

    – Agnay Srivastava
    Mar 29 at 2:31











  • but am I wrong in this case?

    – Agnay Srivastava
    Mar 29 at 2:32











  • I think of "right" and "wrong" constructions as questions of degree and taste. In this case I think that lots of literate and careful writers sometimes put the word "not" within the infinitive just the way you did. But personally I would make the same change that someone else seems to be advising you to make, putting "not" before "to." In my opinion it's partly a question of whether the particular words sound natural to you in one order or another.

    – Chaim
    Mar 29 at 11:27
















I don't really follow. Did someone tell you that the form "to not be" is incorrect, but with no explanation? Maybe he objected to the split infinitive; we prefer to put the word "to" immediately before the verb in an infinitive. This objection really has nothing to do with business of "so" and "too."

– Chaim
Mar 28 at 13:56





I don't really follow. Did someone tell you that the form "to not be" is incorrect, but with no explanation? Maybe he objected to the split infinitive; we prefer to put the word "to" immediately before the verb in an infinitive. This objection really has nothing to do with business of "so" and "too."

– Chaim
Mar 28 at 13:56













Yes,they didn’t offer any explanation

– Agnay Srivastava
Mar 29 at 2:31





Yes,they didn’t offer any explanation

– Agnay Srivastava
Mar 29 at 2:31













but am I wrong in this case?

– Agnay Srivastava
Mar 29 at 2:32





but am I wrong in this case?

– Agnay Srivastava
Mar 29 at 2:32













I think of "right" and "wrong" constructions as questions of degree and taste. In this case I think that lots of literate and careful writers sometimes put the word "not" within the infinitive just the way you did. But personally I would make the same change that someone else seems to be advising you to make, putting "not" before "to." In my opinion it's partly a question of whether the particular words sound natural to you in one order or another.

– Chaim
Mar 29 at 11:27





I think of "right" and "wrong" constructions as questions of degree and taste. In this case I think that lots of literate and careful writers sometimes put the word "not" within the infinitive just the way you did. But personally I would make the same change that someone else seems to be advising you to make, putting "not" before "to." In my opinion it's partly a question of whether the particular words sound natural to you in one order or another.

– Chaim
Mar 29 at 11:27










0






active

oldest

votes












Your Answer








StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "97"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
noCode: true, onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fenglish.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f491704%2ftransformation-of-sentences-using-too%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to English Language & Usage Stack Exchange!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fenglish.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f491704%2ftransformation-of-sentences-using-too%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Bruad Bilen | Luke uk diar | NawigatsjuunCommonskategorii: BruadCommonskategorii: RunstükenWikiquote: Bruad

Modern approach to radio buttons

A word for worn pool table felt