Flying from Cape Town to England and return to another provinceOptions for flying to Tokyo from SeoulWhich carriers offer cheap one-ways from Europe to the United StatesFlying stand by from US to Europe — is it still worth it, and if so, how to do it?Why is flying to England so expensive this June/July?I am flying overseas and returning with my fiancee. How do I coordinate the flights so that we are together on the return leg?Flying into one airport and leaving from anotherBooking a return flight, but from a different placeBuying a return ticket for a child flying with different parentProblems associated with booking flights inside another set of flights?How to book a flight when the exact return date is not known yet?

History of the kernel of a homomorphism?

Nested loops to process groups of pictures

Salt turned peas from creamy to crunchy

Are the Night's Watch still required?

Why is "breaking the mould" positively connoted?

How can internet speed be 10 times slower without a router than when using a router?

Would a small hole in a Faraday cage drastically reduce its effectiveness at blocking interference?

Why does the Superdraco exhaust seem so under-expanded in this photo?

How to pass hash as password to ssh server

Extra space in cells when using token lists to build tabular content

Definition of conditional probability and a problem.

What are the advantages of luxury car brands like Acura/Lexus over their sibling non-luxury brands Honda/Toyota?

Gladys unchained

Any examples of liquids volatile at room temp but non-flammable?

Has the Hulk always been able to talk?

How is Per Object Storage Usage Calculated

Adding command shortcuts to /bin

Endgame puzzle: How to avoid stalemate and win?

Which Sphere is Fastest?

Seeing 2 very different execution plans for an UPDATE between test & prod environments

How to create this animation - spline wrap?

How do I, as a DM, handle a party that decides to set up an ambush in a dungeon?

Are there terms in German for different skull shapes?

Why does sound not move through a wall?



Flying from Cape Town to England and return to another province


Options for flying to Tokyo from SeoulWhich carriers offer cheap one-ways from Europe to the United StatesFlying stand by from US to Europe — is it still worth it, and if so, how to do it?Why is flying to England so expensive this June/July?I am flying overseas and returning with my fiancee. How do I coordinate the flights so that we are together on the return leg?Flying into one airport and leaving from anotherBooking a return flight, but from a different placeBuying a return ticket for a child flying with different parentProblems associated with booking flights inside another set of flights?How to book a flight when the exact return date is not known yet?






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








4















I am planning a trip to England to visit my family and will be flying from Cape Town.



I wish to fly from Cape Town to England and then return from England to Durban, but I do not wish to purchase 2 one-way tickets as this is a lot more expensive than a return ticket.



Does anyone know if it is at all possible to do this at lower price than 2 one-way tickets?










share|improve this question






























    4















    I am planning a trip to England to visit my family and will be flying from Cape Town.



    I wish to fly from Cape Town to England and then return from England to Durban, but I do not wish to purchase 2 one-way tickets as this is a lot more expensive than a return ticket.



    Does anyone know if it is at all possible to do this at lower price than 2 one-way tickets?










    share|improve this question


























      4












      4








      4








      I am planning a trip to England to visit my family and will be flying from Cape Town.



      I wish to fly from Cape Town to England and then return from England to Durban, but I do not wish to purchase 2 one-way tickets as this is a lot more expensive than a return ticket.



      Does anyone know if it is at all possible to do this at lower price than 2 one-way tickets?










      share|improve this question
















      I am planning a trip to England to visit my family and will be flying from Cape Town.



      I wish to fly from Cape Town to England and then return from England to Durban, but I do not wish to purchase 2 one-way tickets as this is a lot more expensive than a return ticket.



      Does anyone know if it is at all possible to do this at lower price than 2 one-way tickets?







      air-travel england open-jaw






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 31 at 2:16









      David

      2,9562820




      2,9562820










      asked Mar 30 at 15:19









      Sidney ReedSidney Reed

      241




      241




















          2 Answers
          2






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          13














          The intinerary you want is called an "open-jaw" ticket. Most airlines offer them at prices similar to return tickets, but they are not always easy to find in the airline's own booking website. You may need to click special options for "advanced search" or "multiple cities".



          If everything else fails, go to a brick-and-mortar travel agent, which ought to have no problems issuing an open-jaw ticket (but will probably charge a minor fee for the service).






          share|improve this answer


















          • 1





            I always thought "open-jaw" referred specifically to an itinerary consisting of a flight from A to B and then C back to A. The OP wants to go from A to B and then from B to C.

            – Michael Seifert
            Mar 30 at 19:25












          • @MichaelSeifert: It can be in either direction. One can even have a "double open jaw" A to B then C to D. Airlines use various ways to demand the B is reasonably close to C and A is close to D.

            – Henning Makholm
            Mar 30 at 20:07











          • @MichaelSeifert So did I, but apparently (according to Wikipedia this is called Origin open-jaw as opposed to the more usual Destination open-jaw. I don't think the name is particularly helpful because I've never seen that term used on a book site, but it's not wrong and the rest of the information is provided.

            – Spehro Pefhany
            Mar 30 at 20:14












          • For example, here's a picture of searching for a double open-jaw on Google Flights.

            – Kevin
            Mar 30 at 22:23


















          5














          In other words to Henning's answer, you will find this option as a Multi-City search on most sites.



          Simply, add origin and destination for each leg, and you will get flights in a single itinerary.






          share|improve this answer























            Your Answer








            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "273"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: false,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: null,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            noCode: true, onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f134826%2fflying-from-cape-town-to-england-and-return-to-another-province%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            2 Answers
            2






            active

            oldest

            votes








            2 Answers
            2






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            13














            The intinerary you want is called an "open-jaw" ticket. Most airlines offer them at prices similar to return tickets, but they are not always easy to find in the airline's own booking website. You may need to click special options for "advanced search" or "multiple cities".



            If everything else fails, go to a brick-and-mortar travel agent, which ought to have no problems issuing an open-jaw ticket (but will probably charge a minor fee for the service).






            share|improve this answer


















            • 1





              I always thought "open-jaw" referred specifically to an itinerary consisting of a flight from A to B and then C back to A. The OP wants to go from A to B and then from B to C.

              – Michael Seifert
              Mar 30 at 19:25












            • @MichaelSeifert: It can be in either direction. One can even have a "double open jaw" A to B then C to D. Airlines use various ways to demand the B is reasonably close to C and A is close to D.

              – Henning Makholm
              Mar 30 at 20:07











            • @MichaelSeifert So did I, but apparently (according to Wikipedia this is called Origin open-jaw as opposed to the more usual Destination open-jaw. I don't think the name is particularly helpful because I've never seen that term used on a book site, but it's not wrong and the rest of the information is provided.

              – Spehro Pefhany
              Mar 30 at 20:14












            • For example, here's a picture of searching for a double open-jaw on Google Flights.

              – Kevin
              Mar 30 at 22:23















            13














            The intinerary you want is called an "open-jaw" ticket. Most airlines offer them at prices similar to return tickets, but they are not always easy to find in the airline's own booking website. You may need to click special options for "advanced search" or "multiple cities".



            If everything else fails, go to a brick-and-mortar travel agent, which ought to have no problems issuing an open-jaw ticket (but will probably charge a minor fee for the service).






            share|improve this answer


















            • 1





              I always thought "open-jaw" referred specifically to an itinerary consisting of a flight from A to B and then C back to A. The OP wants to go from A to B and then from B to C.

              – Michael Seifert
              Mar 30 at 19:25












            • @MichaelSeifert: It can be in either direction. One can even have a "double open jaw" A to B then C to D. Airlines use various ways to demand the B is reasonably close to C and A is close to D.

              – Henning Makholm
              Mar 30 at 20:07











            • @MichaelSeifert So did I, but apparently (according to Wikipedia this is called Origin open-jaw as opposed to the more usual Destination open-jaw. I don't think the name is particularly helpful because I've never seen that term used on a book site, but it's not wrong and the rest of the information is provided.

              – Spehro Pefhany
              Mar 30 at 20:14












            • For example, here's a picture of searching for a double open-jaw on Google Flights.

              – Kevin
              Mar 30 at 22:23













            13












            13








            13







            The intinerary you want is called an "open-jaw" ticket. Most airlines offer them at prices similar to return tickets, but they are not always easy to find in the airline's own booking website. You may need to click special options for "advanced search" or "multiple cities".



            If everything else fails, go to a brick-and-mortar travel agent, which ought to have no problems issuing an open-jaw ticket (but will probably charge a minor fee for the service).






            share|improve this answer













            The intinerary you want is called an "open-jaw" ticket. Most airlines offer them at prices similar to return tickets, but they are not always easy to find in the airline's own booking website. You may need to click special options for "advanced search" or "multiple cities".



            If everything else fails, go to a brick-and-mortar travel agent, which ought to have no problems issuing an open-jaw ticket (but will probably charge a minor fee for the service).







            share|improve this answer












            share|improve this answer



            share|improve this answer










            answered Mar 30 at 15:33









            Henning MakholmHenning Makholm

            45.5k8110169




            45.5k8110169







            • 1





              I always thought "open-jaw" referred specifically to an itinerary consisting of a flight from A to B and then C back to A. The OP wants to go from A to B and then from B to C.

              – Michael Seifert
              Mar 30 at 19:25












            • @MichaelSeifert: It can be in either direction. One can even have a "double open jaw" A to B then C to D. Airlines use various ways to demand the B is reasonably close to C and A is close to D.

              – Henning Makholm
              Mar 30 at 20:07











            • @MichaelSeifert So did I, but apparently (according to Wikipedia this is called Origin open-jaw as opposed to the more usual Destination open-jaw. I don't think the name is particularly helpful because I've never seen that term used on a book site, but it's not wrong and the rest of the information is provided.

              – Spehro Pefhany
              Mar 30 at 20:14












            • For example, here's a picture of searching for a double open-jaw on Google Flights.

              – Kevin
              Mar 30 at 22:23












            • 1





              I always thought "open-jaw" referred specifically to an itinerary consisting of a flight from A to B and then C back to A. The OP wants to go from A to B and then from B to C.

              – Michael Seifert
              Mar 30 at 19:25












            • @MichaelSeifert: It can be in either direction. One can even have a "double open jaw" A to B then C to D. Airlines use various ways to demand the B is reasonably close to C and A is close to D.

              – Henning Makholm
              Mar 30 at 20:07











            • @MichaelSeifert So did I, but apparently (according to Wikipedia this is called Origin open-jaw as opposed to the more usual Destination open-jaw. I don't think the name is particularly helpful because I've never seen that term used on a book site, but it's not wrong and the rest of the information is provided.

              – Spehro Pefhany
              Mar 30 at 20:14












            • For example, here's a picture of searching for a double open-jaw on Google Flights.

              – Kevin
              Mar 30 at 22:23







            1




            1





            I always thought "open-jaw" referred specifically to an itinerary consisting of a flight from A to B and then C back to A. The OP wants to go from A to B and then from B to C.

            – Michael Seifert
            Mar 30 at 19:25






            I always thought "open-jaw" referred specifically to an itinerary consisting of a flight from A to B and then C back to A. The OP wants to go from A to B and then from B to C.

            – Michael Seifert
            Mar 30 at 19:25














            @MichaelSeifert: It can be in either direction. One can even have a "double open jaw" A to B then C to D. Airlines use various ways to demand the B is reasonably close to C and A is close to D.

            – Henning Makholm
            Mar 30 at 20:07





            @MichaelSeifert: It can be in either direction. One can even have a "double open jaw" A to B then C to D. Airlines use various ways to demand the B is reasonably close to C and A is close to D.

            – Henning Makholm
            Mar 30 at 20:07













            @MichaelSeifert So did I, but apparently (according to Wikipedia this is called Origin open-jaw as opposed to the more usual Destination open-jaw. I don't think the name is particularly helpful because I've never seen that term used on a book site, but it's not wrong and the rest of the information is provided.

            – Spehro Pefhany
            Mar 30 at 20:14






            @MichaelSeifert So did I, but apparently (according to Wikipedia this is called Origin open-jaw as opposed to the more usual Destination open-jaw. I don't think the name is particularly helpful because I've never seen that term used on a book site, but it's not wrong and the rest of the information is provided.

            – Spehro Pefhany
            Mar 30 at 20:14














            For example, here's a picture of searching for a double open-jaw on Google Flights.

            – Kevin
            Mar 30 at 22:23





            For example, here's a picture of searching for a double open-jaw on Google Flights.

            – Kevin
            Mar 30 at 22:23













            5














            In other words to Henning's answer, you will find this option as a Multi-City search on most sites.



            Simply, add origin and destination for each leg, and you will get flights in a single itinerary.






            share|improve this answer



























              5














              In other words to Henning's answer, you will find this option as a Multi-City search on most sites.



              Simply, add origin and destination for each leg, and you will get flights in a single itinerary.






              share|improve this answer

























                5












                5








                5







                In other words to Henning's answer, you will find this option as a Multi-City search on most sites.



                Simply, add origin and destination for each leg, and you will get flights in a single itinerary.






                share|improve this answer













                In other words to Henning's answer, you will find this option as a Multi-City search on most sites.



                Simply, add origin and destination for each leg, and you will get flights in a single itinerary.







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Mar 30 at 16:04









                Muhammad Bilal MirzaMuhammad Bilal Mirza

                511




                511



























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Travel Stack Exchange!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f134826%2fflying-from-cape-town-to-england-and-return-to-another-province%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Bruad Bilen | Luke uk diar | NawigatsjuunCommonskategorii: BruadCommonskategorii: RunstükenWikiquote: Bruad

                    Modern approach to radio buttons

                    A word for worn pool table felt